Enhancing Beauty, Restoring Confidence
Passionate about helping people become the best versions of themselves, Marisa Faircloth began her career in plastic surgery and spent several years in cosmetic surgery, dermatologic surgery, and oculoplastic surgery. As more non-surgical options became available, such as Botox, dermal fillers and lasers, she shifted her focus from surgery to injectables. She also spent a lot of time managing and developing practices throughout her career, readying herself for the opportunity to open and grow her own practice.
Today, she’s the proud owner of Restoration MedSpa, a premier medical spa in the heart of North Carolina, USA. Renowned for her artistic, “less is more” approach, the hallmark of Marisa’s work includes a natural look. She is a Master Level Injector with Allergan, among the top half of one percent (.05%) of injectors in the US, and is consistently named to the Top 100 Best Injectors in America list.
“By helping people to look and feel their best, I can help instill the confidence they need to succeed. By being more confident in themselves, they are better able to excel in their personal and professional lives.”
The medical field has traditionally been male and it took Marisa a lot to prove herself and be recognized. In all of her positions, she was paid less than her male counterparts, even when she held a higher post. It took leaving an established firm and starting her own practice to break through the glass ceiling.
“In the initial days, I experienced the challenges of staffing, coordinating equipment, and managing travel to multiple locations. In time, I successfully learned to manage a multi physician practice of thirteen physicians, five locations, and fifty satellite locations!”
A sought after industry leader, Marisa is also a published author, national trainer, and speaker. Some of her career highlights include:
- When managing a large practice for Columbia HCA, she won an award for the most improved practice out of 250 practices nationwide.
- Better Business Bureau’s Torch Award for ethical practice.
- Top 100 Aesthetic Injectors Award for the past four years.
- Readers Choice Award for Restoration MedSpa multiple times.
- Ranked as a ‘Top 250’ Practice by Allergan, which places her practice in the top one percent of practices nationwide.
- Featured in multiple local publications such as Winston Salem Monthly, O’Henry, Forsyth Woman, Mod Society, Greensboro Monthly, The Scout Guide and Kernersville Magazine, as well as a feature in the national magazine Vanity Fair.
- Recognized as a Charter Forbes Speaker.
- Authored a book entitled ‘Empowered by Beauty-A Testament for Unleashing Self-Confidence’.
- National trainer for Allergan.
- Faculty member for the Aesthetic Extenders Symposium.
- Received the Fast 50 Award from the Triad Business Journal for being one of the 50 fastest growing businesses in the Triad.
“I believe the best way to achieve prominence is to develop a sense of excellence and ethics around all that you do. Being mindful to create an inviting atmosphere and outcomes that exceed patients expectations is a hallmark of my practice.”
Marisa is a hard worker, tenacious, and committed to doing a good job at whatever she does. Her success is largely responsible for her diligence and commitment. Although those qualities have landed her on top, they can also lead to over commitment. For instance, she struggles to balance her home and work life and has to work at saying “no”.
“It is hard to balance a thriving practice and raise children while being present for them. I am fortunate that my husband has taken on a lot of the daily responsibilities of childrearing as I grow my practice. However, I did sacrifice some opportunities to spend time with my children. I also had to choose what trainings to miss in lieu of family time.”
Marisa enjoys spending quality time with her family by traveling, enjoying musical events, and creating memories. While she finds her me-time on weekend mornings. “I still work, but I do so in a relaxed environment. I will get my cup of coffee and spend some time relaxing in the hot tub. Then I will take my computer and sit out on the deck and answer my emails and handle business issues before I move into the rest of the day.”
As our conversation draws to a close, Marisa leaves us with some words of wisdom: “Be intentional in your actions to move in the direction that you want to go. Have a plan for success. Knowing what you want to achieve and having a plan to get there is essential. Lastly, establish yourself as an expert and a thought leader in your space to build credibility.”