Partner in People’s Success
The charismatic Jaswin Kaur is a global award-winning Talent Development Leader and Mindset Coach. Yet, she considers herself a humble ‘partner in people’s success’. Currently based in Dubai, she grew up the ranks from a hostess in the hospitality industry to an L&D Leader in global corporations over 2 decades.
Jaswin’s journey began in India, where she spent an idyllic childhood across various coastal cities from Jamnagar to Mumbai as her father served the Indian Navy. In 2001, she completed her Hotel Management studies and joined the Hospitality industry as a waiter in a boutique hotel in Mumbai.
Eventually, she expanded her expertise into areas beyond hotels, such as Michelin star restaurants, QSR, retail, fitness and wellness. She is presently working with an education consultancy – Glinks International Dubai, where she supports the setup of learning and development services, focusing on crossdepartmental and crossfunctional growth, change management and fostering a positive organizational culture. She is also an Executive Coach with Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered Coaching.
“As I reflect on the past 25 years of my career, I feel a deep sense of accomplishment, fulfillment, and satisfaction with my journey. I’m blessed to have the support of my parents, despite my mother facing mental health challenges, as well as my husband, who is my guiding force.”
Over her 25 year career, Jaswin’s focus shifted gradually towards learning and development within organizations. Realizing the value of fostering growth and development in people, she pursued qualifications in Executive Coaching, NLP, Emotional Intelligence Coaching, and more.
“My greatest passion lies in observing the personal development and growth of individuals. Serving as a catalyst in someone’s journey to success brings me immense fulfillment and contentment. Witnessing others thrive and flourish is what truly ignites my enthusiasm.”
Jaswin’s strategy is refreshingly simple yet highly effective. She engages with people on their level, and takes the time to understand and listen to them. This makes her approachable, and others feel comfortable seeking solutions to their professional and personal challenges. In today’s digital era where everyone seeks instant gratification, her patient and attentive listening sets her apart from the crowd.
As an Authority in Learning & Development, Jaswin has also made a significant professional contribution to strengthen the economy in myriad ways:
- Identifying Skills Gaps: Conducted thorough assessments to identify skills gaps within organizations. Tailored training programs that addressed specific needs and contributed to a more skilled and capable workforce.
- Upskilling and Reskilling: Designed and implemented training initiatives that focused on upskilling and reskilling employees with new skills and knowledge in a rapidly changing economy.
- Future-Proofing Talent: Developing long-term training plans that anticipate industry and technological changes, thereby preparing employees for future demands.
- Fostering Innovation: Encouraging a culture of continuous learning and innovation within the organization.
- Promoting Diversity and Inclusion: Which have been proven to boost innovation and economic growth.
- Collaborating with Educational Institutions: Forged partnerships with educational institutions to bridge the gap between academic knowledge and practical skills.
- Monitoring and Measuring Impact: Regularly assessing the effectiveness of L&D programs to gauge their impact on employee performance and overall organizational success, by using data-driven insights to refine and optimize training strategies.
- Supporting Entrepreneurship: Fostering a culture of innovation led to the creation of new businesses and job opportunities.
- Investing in Leadership Development: Developing strong leadership pipelines within the organization.
These strategies have helped Jaswin become a Transformation Catalyst and win many awards on the international stage:
- Global Training & Development Leadership Award 2017 (World Training & Development Congress)
- Global Training & Development Minds Awards 2018 (World Training & Development Congress)
- Award Winning International Speaker – (Toastmasters International, UAE 2022)
A popular Keynote Speaker and Author, Jaswin talks to us about the challenges in the field. In her role in L&D and coaching at a particular organization for four years, everyone faced a salary reduction during the pandemic. Everyone’s salary was reinstated towards the end of 2021, yet Jaswin’s was not. She now realises that it’s the attitude of Boards and Leadership teams that need to change towards the ‘Learning & Development department’ as most of the organizations aim to cut costs but still want to boast about the development of people in forums and panel discussions.
“Thus, my message to everyone out there is – BE YOURSELF. Embrace your true self, focus on your singular goal, and relentlessly pursue it without worrying about the world’s opinion. Let your determination be fueled by your aspirations.”